Residents of Albuquerque and the surrounding communities know the value of a powerful AC system in the middle of summer. Years ago, a large number of homes in the area were built with evaporative coolers rather than air conditioners. Since then the quality of more modern cooling systems has advanced dramatically! Evaporative coolers otherwise referred to as swamp coolers, have become a large inconvenience for many people and in extremely hot weather that can not begin to compete with the cooling power of an effective AC system. That is why more and more homeowners are calling Daniels Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, LLC to have their old swamp cooler converted into a far more efficient AC unit. If you are growing tired of your old swamp cooler our licensed heating and cooling professionals can offer you a number of affordable upgrades, helping to ensure the complete control over your indoor climate.
To see what your neighbors are saying about our reliable services, visit our reviews page.
What Are Signs That You Need to Replace Your Evaporative Cooler With a New AC System?
Not every home needs their evaporative cooler to be replaced with an air conditioner. However, if you have any of the following problems, please give us a call.
- Mold growth: An evaporative cooler raises the humidity level in your home. In ideal conditions, this won’t be a problem. However, if you are starting to notice mold growing around your property, then your evaporative cooler needs to be replaced.
- High heat: If it is still very hot in your home despite running the evaporative cooler, it’s time to replace it with a more efficient AC system.
- Frequent maintenance: A common complaint from homeowners is how much maintenance their evaporative cooler requires. If you are having a hard time keeping up with this work, then please give us a call today.
What Are the Benefits of Converting to a New AC System?
Here at Daniels Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, LLC, we are contacted frequently to remove an old evaporative cooler and replace it with a new AC system. Some benefits of upgrading to a new AC system include:
- Better cooling: It doesn’t matter if the thermometer outside reads 75, 80, or even 105 degrees, your home will be kept in total comfort.
- Energy efficiency: Years ago, many people chose evaporative coolers because they were more energy efficient. However, many AC units today are able to efficiently cool your home while still keeping your monthly utility bills small.
- Rebates: By purchasing an energy efficient air conditioner, you may qualify for local, state, or federal rebates. Our team will be able to give you information on the current programs available.
For discounts our services, visit our coupons page.
What Are Some Common Problems With These Units?
There’s a reason why so many people are converting their evaporative coolers over to a standard AC unit; evaporative coolers are no longer the optimum solution for maintaining a comfortable indoor climate during the hotter months of the year. Some common problems with evaporative coolers include:
- Consistent maintenance required: An evaporative cooler needs to be serviced at least twice a year. This work is a little more technical than an average homeowner can manage, and it’s dangerous since a evaporative cooler is located on the roof of a home.
- High humidity: Since an evaporative cooler uses evaporation to actually lower the temperature of the air, it cannot work in high humidity; generally a dew point lower than 55 is necessary. Any higher and running an evaporative cooler will only make your home hot and muggy.
- Doesn’t provide adequate cooling: Unlike a standard air conditioner, an evaporative cooler cannot keep your home comfortable in very high temperatures. As the outside temperature rises, so will the temperature in your home.