During any season, one of the most important things that homeowners need to do is make sure that their properties are well insulated. It is especially important to ensure that there is adequate insulation in the attic so that your property remains at desirable temperature throughout the year. Proper attic insulation can also save you money on your heating and cooling costs, as outdoor temperatures will be kept at bay and indoor temperatures will remain in your home. The professionals at Daniels Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, LLC will be more than happy to come out and inspect your attic to determine the best way to give you more control over your interior climate.
To see what your neighbors are saying about our outstanding services, visit our reviews page.
What Are Some Advantages to Attic Insulation?
- Keep heat inside your property: One of the best things about adding attic insulation is that it will prevent heat from leaving your home during the winter.
- Prevents cool air from escaping: Attic insulation does not just keep warm air in during the winter. It also keeps the cold air that your AC unit generates from escaping through your roof and attic walls during the summer.
- Claim tax credits: There are tax credits that the federal government will give homeowners who spend money to upgrade the insulation in their attics. These tax credits can significantly reduce the cost of the project.
- Reduce your energy costs: Because attic insulation does such a good job at keeping the climate-controlled air inside your home, it can significantly reduce the amount of money you spend on your heating and cooling costs.
- Helps prevent icicles: Icicles usually form on a home when hot air escapes through the attic, causing snow to melt and refreeze. These icicles can be dangerous, and they are easily prevented with proper attic insulation.
How Can Attic Insulation Help You to Save on Your Heating & Cooling Costs?
A properly insulated attic will keep the hot and cold air that is generated from the important units inside your home from leaking out through your roof. It will keep the harsh outdoor elements from infiltrating your property. At Daniels Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, LLC we hire only the most experienced insulation specialists who can guarantee your ultimate safety and comfort during inclement weather. We will survey your attic to determine the perfect amount of insulation to greatly reduce your heating and cooling costs.
For discounts and savings, visit our coupons page.
What Are Some Common Signs That You Need to Insulate Your Attic?
- Your insulation is too low: The US Department of Energy recommends that all homes have insulation that reaches above the level of the attic floor. If your current insulation is level with the floor joists in your attic or has dropped below them, then more insulation must be added.
- Skyrocketing energy costs: If your energy costs seem to keep going up, then the culprit may very well be a drafty attic. One of the first steps homeowners need to take to lower their monthly utility bills is to ensure that their attic is adequately insulated.
- Your furnace never stops: If your furnace seems to run non-stop all winter long, then you need more insulation in your attic to keep hot air from leaking out through the roof.