Garbage disposals have an essential role to play in your kitchen, but a clogged, jammed or broken disposal can become a major inconvenience. Professionals at Daniels Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, LLC plumbing are trained and certified to provide garbage disposal installation, garbage disposal repair and garbage disposal replacement services to residents in Santa Fe, NM.
Discover what your friends and neighbors are saying about us by reading our customer reviews.
What Are Some Garbage Disposal Problems and What Can Professionals Do to Solve Them?
If your garbage disposal is exhibiting any of the following signs, give us a call for repair:
- Jammed disposal: If your garbage disposal won’t turn on or makes a humming noise when activated, something (usually stringy or starchy vegetables or non-food items) may be jamming the blades. A professional would solve the problem by loosening the disposal and freeing any unwanted objects by manually moving the masher plate.
- Clogs: A professional will disassemble the unit to clear any serious clogs.
- Noise: When you hear grinding noises from your garbage disposal, either some parts have started moving incorrectly or something is stuck. A professional can fix the issues by tightening loose parts or replacing parts that are too worn down.
- Loss of power: If your system loses power, it could be due to a faulty connection. Professionals can troubleshoot the issue and find a solution.
- Leaking disposal: Leaks are usually caused by a loose gasket or screw. If it’s not too severe, you can tighten it on your own, otherwise seek professional help.
When Should Your Garbage Disposal Be Repaired or Replaced?
If you’re dealing with loose wiring or a clogged pipe, a simple fix should suffice. However, major problems may force you to invest in a new unit. If your unit’s motor is damaged, for example, replacing the garbage disposal is more cost-effective than fixing it.
Getting replacement parts such as blades and bearings for older units can sometimes be difficult and costly. If you have an older garbage disposal that’s experiencing problems, consider investing in a newer, more efficient system. Also, a garbage disposal that vibrates or shakes may be an indication that it’s time to have it replaced.
For discounts on our services, visit our coupons page.
What Are Some Easy Garbage Disposal Maintenance Tips?
- Keep it clean and consider refreshing it with lemons
- Keep starchy items such as potatoes and rice out of your disposal
- Keep hard food items such as chicken bones and corn husks out of your system
- Ask for professional advice