Whether for showering, washing the dishes, or doing laundry a water heater is an essential system for every property. A malfunctioning water heater can cause a serious disruption in your day to day routine, which is why it is important to have someone you can call if problems do arise. At Daniels Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, LLC our team of highly trained professionals can offer quick solutions in order to get your system back up and running. Whether you are looking to install a more efficient unit, need to repair your damaged system, or have a more critical problem that warrants the need for a replacement water heater, our technicians are here to provide affordable and effective service. We additionally offer comprehensive water heater maintenance programs to our customers in Albuquerque and the surrounding areas to help prolong the life of your
To see what other customers in your area are saying about our specialized services, visit our reviews link.
What Are Common Water Heater Problems
Our experienced plumbing contractors have seen a wide range of different problems when it comes to water heaters in homes and commercial properties; however, some are more common than others. Here are some typical things to look out for when trying to determine if your system is in need of professional service.
- Unpleasant odors: If you notice an unusual odor when you turn on your faucets it could indicate a presence of bacteria in the tank of the unit. Our certified experts can come out to your property and quickly resolve the issue.
- Water is too hot: If you turn on your shower or sink to its designated setting, but the water is far too hot, it could indicate that there is a problem with the thermostat on your water heater. Our plumbing specialists will troubleshoot the thermostat, reset it, and install a new one if necessary.
- Noise: If your system is making abnormal sounds or is unusually noisy it typically indicates that an area of the unit has rusted. Our technicians will drain your water heater, flush it, and identify what is causing the issue. This allows us to determine whether a simple repair can solve the problem or if a new water heater needs to be installed.
- Leaks: If you notice a leak coming from the tank on your water heater, you should contact us immediately. Sometimes, the problem is as minor as tightening bolts and valves, but in other cases the problem may be more serious and require the need for a replacement.
Emergency Water Heater Repair
You jump into the shower in the morning and that’s when you suddenly realize there’s no hot water. This may not seem like an emergency but let’s face it, very few people can settle for a cold shower. For most Americans, a reliable supply of hot water is essential rather than a luxury. So, if your hot water suddenly stops working, there may be more than your comfort at stake. Some water heater problems can even pose a threat to the integrity of your home and/or your personal safety.
Here are some possible scenarios in which you may need to contact us for emergency water heater repair services:
- A major water leak: If your water heater has sprung a major leak, you need to have it fixed immediately, whether it’s the middle of the night over the holidays. While you typically don’t need professional help to shut off the water supply to your water heater, chances are you’ll need to wait until after repairs have been completed to fully remediate the water damage.
- Gas problem: If you have a gas water heater, any problems with the gas lines or the pilot light could potentially be dangerous. We recommend you call a professional to check on the issue immediately. To be on the safe side, you might want to turn off your gas before making your call.
What Are Some Signs That You Need to Repair or Replace Your Unit?
When determining whether your water heater can be effectively repaired or needs to be replaced our knowledgeable plumbers take into account the age of the unit, if it is the correct size for your property, and how severe the problem is. In some cases it will actually be more cost effective to replace the unit rather than repair a major issue. Listed below are three common issues that can likely be repaired, as well as three signs that it is time to replace your current unit.
- A newer unit that is making noise likely has some sediment that his built up in the tank. We can drain the tank and clear out any deposits.
- If you have a relatively new unit that is leaking from fittings, discharge or plumbing lines, it can usually be repaired by our professionals.
- Temperature inconsistencies may likely indicate the need for a simple adjustment or the recalibration of your thermostat.
When the cost of repairs becomes too high a replacement unit is the best solution. Here are three signs that likely indicate that a brand-new water heater should be installed.
- If your water heater tank is highly corroded and begins to leak then a replacement unit is most often needed.
- If you have an older system that begins to make loud noises it is usually more cost effective to have it replaced rather than repaired.
- If repairs exceed 50% of the cost of a new and more energy efficient unit, it is better to have your water heater replaced.
For discounts and savings, visit our coupons link.
What Can You Expect From a Routine Water Heater Maintenance Visit?
At Daniels Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, LLC our preventative water heater maintenance programs can help to ensure the continued efficiency of your water heating system, minimizing the need for repairs and the risk of more serious complications. Here is what is typically done during a routine inspection:
- Flushing the unit: Our certified plumbing technicians will professionally remove any lime buildup and sediment that has accumulated inside the tank.
- Cleaning the filter: Our plumbing specialists will also clean out the in-line filter on your system to improve water flow.
- Examination of components: As water heaters age the will undergo some normal wear and tear. Our expert plumbers will examine your unit for any issues and repair or replace any damaged parts.