At Daniels Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, LLC we know how important a fully functioning furnace is. A damaged furnace will not only affect the comfort level inside your property, but it can also cause indoor air quality to drop, increase your monthly utility bills, and put everyone inside a home or building at risk. Our certified technicians have years of experience dealing with every furnace problem there is and we can assure you that no matter what issue you are dealing with it will be promptly resolved and interior comfort will be restored. However, many issues with your furnace can be prevented by simply making sure that your unit receives proper care and routine maintenance, which is why we also offer comprehensive inspections to all of our customers in Albuquerque and the surrounding areas. We want to ensure that you continue to get the most out of your heating system.
Visit our reviews page to read reviews and testimonials from other customers in your area on our outstanding services.
What Are Some Simple Ways to Perform Furnace Maintenance?
As cooler weather arrives in New Mexico, all of us become more aware of the benefits of an efficiently running furnace. Here are some ways to make sure that your unit continues to provide reliable heat for years to come.
- Arrange for a yearly inspection from our licensed professionals in the late spring or early autumn. This will allow us to detect any issues before the cold weather arrives and make any necessary adjustments to your unit.
- Furnace filters need to be replaced regularly, usually every three months. Dust, pet dander, and other particles can build up on the working surfaces of the furnace and cause a number of issues. Homeowners who have pets should have their filters changed more often to avoid any problems.
- If you don’t already have a carbon monoxide monitor installed in your property we highly advise you to do so. This should also be inspected regularly in order to make sure that it is functioning as it should. Make sure to wipe away any dust that has accumulated on the mechanism and change the batteries on a routine basis.
- The furnace ducts must be examined to make certain that they are sealed properly and will not leak hot air.
What Are Some Signs That Your Unit Needs Repairs?
- Short cycling: When the furnace runs for less than three minutes at a time before it shuts off, this is known as short cycling. This problem could indicate a malfunctioning heat exchanger or that your thermostat needs to be recalibrated.
- Irregular flames: If you look at the burners on your furnace they should have relatively even rows of flames. Should they be uneven or lean toward the back of the furnace, be sure to contact our heating and cooling professionals right away to examine the issue. Your burners could be dirty or the heat exchanger could be cracked. Cracked heat exchangers can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning and need to be dealt with right away.
- Unusual sounds: If you have a forced-air system and you hear rumbling, popping, or whistling when the furnace is running it could indicate a number of problems that require the need for professional service. Based on the severity of the issue and the age of the furnace our heating and cooling specialists can determine if a simple repair will solve the problem or if a replacement unit is needed.
- Cracked heat exchanger: If you have frequent headaches or flu-like symptoms, the heat exchanger on your furnace may be cracked. A cracked heat exchanger can cause a carbon monoxide leak, which is highly dangerous to both humans and pets.
If for any reason a carbon monoxide leak occurs in your home or building, evacuate the property immediately and contact our staff for emergency furnace repair service. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to make sure that our customers are safe.
For discounts on our services, visit our coupons page.
Benefits of Choosing Maintenance Over Repair
Maintenance is the process of making sure your equipment is operating at optimum levels at all times. In the case of a furnace, for example, maintenance may comprise regular inspections, filter changes, cleaning and other minor adjustments. In the short term, this means you can detect minor problems and solve them before they get out of hand. And in the long term, you’re able to make the most of your equipment for longer.
Repair, on the other hand, simply means fixing equipment only after it has failed. This approach is primarily founded on the belief that maintenance is costly and unnecessary.
The cost factor: Let’s face it, repair may seem to have an edge over maintenance as you only have to budget for a one-time expense, but there’s nothing further from the truth. The cost of repair far extends beyond the repair materials and labor.
By maintaining your equipment regularly, you’re getting the most out of it. A well-maintained furnace will work more efficiently and you’ll ultimately spend less to own it.
The time factor: Most times, maintenance checks take much less time compared to the time lost if a component breaks down without warning.
Ultimately, maintenance aims to maximize your equipment’s performance by keeping it running optimally for as long as possible without unplanned, costly failures.
Do you need Emergency Furnace repair?
A cold winter night in Albuquerque can become quite uncomfortable if your furnace suddenly stops. Beyond the reduced comfort, a faulty furnace can also cause further system damage or safety issues, so it’s crucial that you have it repaired as soon as possible.
In some cases, you may be able to wait until regular business hours for repairs. However, some scenarios demand the services of a 24 hour furnace repair company – especially if your furnace will cause further damage or there is a major safety issue if it’s not fixed urgently. Here are some of the typical signs you need emergency furnace repair services:
- Electrical issues. Problems like flickering lights, electrical humming and buzzing, and breaker trips are all signs of big electrical issues. These can be very dangerous so we recommend calling an emergency furnace service.
- Loud furnace noises. Unusual noises from your system almost always mean a part is bad, loose or damaged. And that part needs to be checked immediately otherwise it might cause significant damage to your entire system.
- Gas odors in the home. A gas leak is no small matter. If you smell gas from your furnace, call an emergency team right away.
- Heating system leaks. Leaks, whether minor or extensive can quickly rack up huge repair and renovation bills. So, whenever you spot a furnace or boiler leak, be sure to contact an emergency team immediately.
What Are Some Simple Ways to Reduce Your Heating Costs?
New technology and some essential practices can help to reduce heating costs in a home or commercial property. Here are some simple ways to ensure that your furnace continues to heat your home efficiently:
- A programmable thermostat will allow you to set specific temperatures for your furnace at various times throughout the day. When away from your property you can program your furnace to a cooler temperature and set it to rise before you return.
- Have your air ducts inspected to make sure they are clean and do not have any cracks that could cause heated air to leak out.
- Make sure that your home is sufficiently insulated to keep warm air from seeping out or cool air from entering. Daniels Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, LLC offers top of the line attic insulation services for your convenience.
- Scheduling regular furnace maintenance visits with our skilled heating and cooling specialists will help to ensure that your furnace continues to run efficiently.
- Change your furnace filters every three months or more often during times of extended use.
- Replacing your old unit with a more energy efficient model will additionally help to reduce monthly utility bills and can save you a lot of money over time.