When it comes to proper home and commercial property care, you need to make sure that all of your plumbing systems are functioning optimally. The plumbing in your home or building plays an integral role in safety, convenience, and comfort, and you will find that simply by educating yourself on some of the warning signs of a failing system can help prevent a small problem from becoming a larger issue. At Daniels Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, LLC we want to ensure that our customers in and around Santa Fe, NM are always protected against severe plumbing emergencies, which is why we offer around-the-clock repairs, expert installations, and thorough maintenance inspections.
To see what your neighbors in Santa Fe, NM are saying about our unbeatable services, visit our reviews page.
What are some common signs that you have a burst pipe?
Burst pipes often makes people think of extreme flooding, but sometimes, even in the winter, they are more subtle. By being aware of the top signs that a pipe has burst in your home or building, you can protect yourself from more severe complication as time moves forward. Here are some common indications of a burst pipe:
- Sewage smell: Not all pipes that burst are water pipes, and a strong, unpleasant odor may indicate that your sewer line has ruptured.
- Weak water pressure: If you are not receiving adequate pressure when you turn on your faucets, it could indicate that water is escaping from a damaged pipe.
- High water bill: If your water bill is a lot higher than it should be, have your pipes inspected by our team of professionals. Even minor damage to your system can result in serious consequences if not taken care of right away.
What are some ways to avoid toilet clogs?
The only things that should be flushed down a toilet are human waste and toilet paper. Grease, hair, nail clippings, and facial tissues will not break down properly, and can clog your system quite quickly. Even some brands of toilet paper may be harmful to your unit. By adhering to proper toilet etiquette and teaching your children the consequences of flushing toys and other items down the bowl can prevent blockages from occurring. For minor clogs you can always use a plunger, but this is only a temporary fix. Also, chemical drain cleaners can deteriorate your system and lead to a number of other problems. By taking advantage of our expert drain cleaning and clogged toilet services you can help to prevent problems in the future.
Visit our coupons page to save even more on our services.
What are some common signs that you have hard water?
- Appearance of mineral deposits.
- Spotted dishes and glassware.
- White film on showers, tubs, sinks, and faucets.
- Dull and sticky hair as well as irritated skin.
- Itchy, dingy, and harsh clothes after being washed.
- Appliances that use water, such as coffee machines may not work properly.
Mineral deposits, also known as scaling, are left over when water evaporates. It appears as film or coating on sliding glass shower doors or white spots on drying dishes. The high concentration of minerals like calcium and magnesium in your water supply can build up in your pipes and other vital systems, causing a number of serious issues.